A lead is a piece of information about an engaged consumer that has expressed an interest in a product or service and gives consent to be contacted about a specific product or service. Lead can be a consumer’s name, email address, full contact details as well as other information about the product or service he is interested in. Leads should be put into a customer relation management system for future campaigns.
Digital lead generation is one of the most cost effective and measurable ways to acquire new customers. Lead generation is about getting contact details of potential customers online. Improve your business leads and sales to the full potential by seeking the help of a lead generation specialist.
Leads can be generated from different marketing channels to get consumers to submit their information. Here are 12 different types of digital lead generation:
1. Email subscriptions – a major source of lead generation by using business blog to drive more traffic to the website. Turn readers into dedicated subscribers by asking for their email address in exchange for sending new blog post.
2. Online surveys – consumers are asked to complete a survey, including their demographic and basic information. The consumer is asked to receive correspondence from the advertiser and considered a qualified lead.
3. Clickable phone numbers – this allow users to easily call a number without copying and pasting or memorizing the number. When users search for a website, they are ready to take action. The easier it is to access your phone number, the more likely a customer is to call.
4. Periodic communication form – filing up a form to receive periodic communication like newsletters, ebooks and white papers is one of the most popular type of lead generation. By educating customers and prospects you gain credibility in the industry.
5. Email marketing – emails are free so it is more cost effective than direct mail. It should be a vital part of the marketing mix in lead generation. This is an excellent way of targeting people daily, weekly or monthly and return on investment is measurable.
6. SMS – mobile internet surfing is on the rise, people do everything on their mobile phones. SMS lead generation allows businesses to contact their target market in non-intrusive way. Unlike cold calling, SMS can be received whenever and wherever.
7. Search engine optimisation – this is the most natural way of lead generation. By being first on the SERP people will most likely visit your website. Perform keyword research to know what people are searching for and initiate your own intelligent SEO campaign to get your website ranking.
8. Social media – use your social media platforms to generate leads and business opportunity. If you feel social media is too time consuming, do not hesitate to contact a social media agency to manage your accounts.
9. Online advertising – unlike traditional advertising, online advertising can deliver visitors immediately through a simple click on your advertisement. Online advertising can be an important part of lead generation by helping drive traffic to your website.
10. Customer loyalty programs – a great way to generate leads is by beginning a customer loyalty programs that offer various types of coupons, discounts and other promotion. Customers willingly provide information in exchange of incentives.
11. Permission marketing – offering high-value content related to specific products, and interested prospects will offer their contact information in exchange. Through custom registration page prospects are asked to answer the questions in order to download the content they are interested in.
12. Website visitor tracker – lead generation application used to track the pages and content each visitor is viewing, as well as the search terms they are using while on your website. By combining this information with the visitor’s entire activity history, a company representative can warmly and relevantly engage with the potential buyer.